Apply Now for SikhLEAD DC Summer InternshipJanuary 10th, 2019
Now is an incredibly important time for politically engaged young Sikh Americans to come together with SALDEF experts to develop strong leadership skills, build relationships with other young leaders, and advance their advocacy abilities to fight on behalf of justice and equality in our communities.
The 2019 SALDEF SikhLEAD Washington DC Summer Internship will bring together a rising group of young Sikh American leaders for an 8-12 week-long program that includes:
- Summer internship with federal and state legislators, non- profits, and think-tanks;
- Interactive small group discussions with leaders of government, policy, and industry;
- One-on-one mentoring and advising for each intern;
- An opportunity to make a difference in the community through our group capstone project;
- Exclusive leadership development training. We also host a series of special programs—including leadership workshops and networking events—to develop the next generation of Sikh American leaders. SALDEF supports each participant with a stipend upon satisfactory completion of the internship.
These competitive positions have advanced the Sikh policy agenda and given Sikh American students or recent graduates unique opportunities to progress in their respective paths. The application deadline is 11:59 pm PT on Sunday, February 3, 2019. Students of all academic backgrounds are encouraged to apply. Early applications will be given priority.
NOT A RISING YOUNG SIKH AMERICAN LEADER? HELP US FIND THIS YEAR’S CLASS!Please share this email with the politically engaged young people in your life, and encourage them to apply now. Click here for more information about the SALDEF SikhLEAD Washington DC Summer Internship, 2019.
Build our Future, Be our Future!
Do you know a student that would be a good candidate for SikhLEAD? Applications are now open and spots are filling up! Click here to apply!